Flower

Discuss all things online; from XBLA to PSN and the games you can download.

Moderator: Asim

Flower

Postby Ocelot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Basically discuss the wonderful PSN game that is Flower.
Did you play it?
What do you think?
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment.”
My Tribute to the Master!
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

PSN: MRigz

Re: Flower

Postby chaos » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:46 pm

I've played flower, and I've played it a lot. I only miss one trophy, flying unscathed to the city. I just can't manage to get through the last part :-/

Back to topic, the game is absolutely awesome, from a player's view as well as from a developer's view. I mean, 100.000 grass stalks, all animated physically correct (more or less) and simultaneosly! I've rendered an image in 800x600 5 years ago and it took me 6 pcs and 14 hours!
And they do it in a small part of a second..
Well, to the gaming view: Never seen, never experienced such a game. It is simply relaxing, flying through the grass, gathering your petals, listening to the awesome soundtrack. Even the "story" is nicely fit into the game.

If you want to relax 100%, turn on your PS3, fire up flower, and just enjoy!
I'm the PES Messiah's first and only Prophet.
Owner of PESianity
Download the PESianity PES 2014 OF Installation Guide for PS3
chaos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PSN: ichaos1985

Re: Flower

Postby Ocelot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 pm

chaos wrote:I've played flower, and I've played it a lot. I only miss one trophy, flying unscathed to the city. I just can't manage to get through the last part :-/

Back to topic, the game is absolutely awesome, from a player's view as well as from a developer's view. I mean, 100.000 grass stalks, all animated physically correct (more or less) and simultaneosly! I've rendered an image in 800x600 5 years ago and it took me 6 pcs and 14 hours!
And they do it in a small part of a second..
Well, to the gaming view: Never seen, never experienced such a game. It is simply relaxing, flying through the grass, gathering your petals, listening to the awesome soundtrack. Even the "story" is nicely fit into the game.

If you want to relax 100%, turn on your PS3, fire up flower, and just enjoy!

Thats a good view chaos and i agree.
When i read about Flower i wasnt convinced that a game where you were a petal that floated around collecting other petals, would be interesting or could make me feel relaxed. But i was wrong.
I am yet to finish the game but i have played a good bit of it and i love it. It really does create a soothing mentality when playing it, the game just sucks you in and makes you soak up the blissful environments and relaxing music.
Flower will not be understood by all, but for me it deserves ever bit of praise it receives and is probably the most refreshing and unique game ive played.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment.”
My Tribute to the Master!
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

PSN: MRigz

Return to Online Gaming Discussion