PES 2017 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 17)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2017 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 17)

Postby danielrh » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:55 pm

makepesgreatagain wrote:
LOL the game scripts goals and results. anyone can win with a turd team depending on what match of the season it is in DIVISIONS

I play MyClub and OnlineDivisions if I win it's because I've played well if I lose it's because my defending has been lacking, scripting is usually used as an excuse.

Philla wrote:
It was much more difficult to string passes together without getting them bumpy, losing precision and power - especially with less skilled players. This goes together with pressure in midfield, which made it much more important to think about taking the risk or rebuild the attack.

If you are interested in virtual football maxed out for realism as far as possible, i can suggest Matt10L´s channel to you:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Matt10L

the bolded bit you've just described PES2017 when playing against human players be it online or offline
PESleague UK Official Event Admin

Official PES2017 tournament website https://www.pesleague.com/
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby Timtc10 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 pm

PES online is attrocious and indefensible really.

If you manage to have a game that doesn't lag or disconnect then it's unresponsive, end to end, ping pong 100mph vs Barca or real with no atmosphere or cutscenes and nothing like the offline experience.

I've had some really good games offline vs human opponent who both like to play realistically but you have to really try to play like that. The games natural state is unrealistic and too easy to exploit which is why people do it online to win. Shouldn't be allowed to happen at all. But it's an issue with the fundamental gameplay and the direction konami have taken the game.

[quote=]

is that right?, alot of people are still playing PES2017 online - just look at the thousands we've had on pesleague (online tournaments UK) alone - this year has been fantastic regarding MyClub a massive worldwide success.[/quote]

anyone who plays myclub is an idiot. just as bad as FUT. its not even a game. its scripted card collection. killing the football sim industry

you are always looking for reasons to defend pes, if 99/100 people say they suffered ping pong scripted game your response is "i had a lovely match on pesleague last night, was like real football, pes 17 is amazing"

even if that was true(i doubt it, just think you are deluded) it wouldnt change the fact that 99 people are unhappy and thus the game has some huge flaws that need addressing

i think pes 17 is improved on 14-16 btw. but because of scripting it is still only a 6/10 game.[/quote]

anyone who's plays MyClub it's their choice to.

if you follow me on twitter - I've been putting up great victory's against the likes of Barca and Real Madrid using other teams and even putting the match stats up to show I did'nt even have to cross the ball once to win for eg 10 - 0 using Juventus ..... I'm not deluded - I'm a awesome PES player ...pure football is what I'm all about, people on these forums who's played against me will tell you I'm capable of passing guys off the park.[/quote]

...which leads to inevitable fact that passing in PES - due to physics, assistance (depending on settings) and complete absence of first touch errors - has nothing to do with soccer at all. Even some mobile games are more advanced in this regard.

The are many things in PES that are depending on the view and personal preference. But I can hardly imagine imagine that anyone who is proud of his "PES17 PA1 sweet and sexy passing style" plays real life football in a club team regularly. I even doubt that he is a close spectator, because you can see the that well weighted passes and first touch abilities are one of the most important football fundamentals.

Just now the pics from these PES days come to mind. Without wanting to offend anyone, the playtesters didn´t really look like active players (body weight), much more like couch gamers or esport addicts at best. So it is not surprising to me that the perception of soccer essentials is quite different to the classic PES fans of the PS2 days, when Konami was much more interested in capturing the feel of soccer instead of catering the casuals. The "massive success" of myclub underlines that.[/quote]

Agreed about the play testers/ reviewers and probably konami staff. I wouldn't never trust any of their opinion on football because they are clueless.
Timtc10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Philla » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:54 pm

danielrh wrote:
makepesgreatagain wrote:
LOL the game scripts goals and results. anyone can win with a turd team depending on what match of the season it is in DIVISIONS

I play MyClub and OnlineDivisions if I win it's because I've played well if I lose it's because my defending has been lacking, scripting is usually used as an excuse.

Philla wrote:
It was much more difficult to string passes together without getting them bumpy, losing precision and power - especially with less skilled players. This goes together with pressure in midfield, which made it much more important to think about taking the risk or rebuild the attack.

If you are interested in virtual football maxed out for realism as far as possible, i can suggest Matt10L´s channel to you:

the bolded bit you've just described PES2017 when playing against human players be it online or offline

I see, so switching from Player2 to CPU triggers the following:

[player1]ball bump = disabled
[player1]first touch error multiplicator = off
[player1]direct pass precision = +50.0 %

Waiting patiently for your confirmation.
Philla
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby danielrh » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Philla wrote:
danielrh wrote:
makepesgreatagain wrote:

Philla wrote:

I see, so switching from Player2 to CPU triggers the following:

[player1]ball bump = disabled
[player1]first touch error multiplicator = off
[player1]direct pass precision = +50.0 %

Waiting patiently for your confirmation.

:lol:

just having a laugh with ya mate - with PES there's no need for filters - the game is very good this year.

looking forward to see what work as been done with

Animations
Shooting
More in depth tactics
General graphics (especially those who have a PS4 pro and 4K TV)
Goalkeepers
Player awareness and positioning on the pitch (with or without the ball)
Player collision system
Stamina system
Known routes to goal (that people try especially online)

etc etc

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby andy_1984 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:40 pm

danielrh wrote:

Animations
Shooting
More in depth tactics
Goalkeepers
Player collision system
Stamina system

etc etc

All need looking at in my opinion, especially the shooting variety its awful.
andy_1984
Mascot
Mascot

Postby fregen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 am

Online divisions when set to manual passing is really nice actually. People tend to choose lesser teams and play more varied football, crossing is really hard and not like PA1 at all.

Sure, some people still have auto- shooting and basic through balls but generally not (passing when set to manual can't be changed, u always get paired with other manual opponents).

There are quite a lot of players playing this way but of course, there are times when u get to wait 10 min to get paired with someone. Evenings and weekends are not a problem though, easy to find matches.

This game still has some big problems (button lag is sometimes horrible and a bigger problem when playing manual due to the fact that you need to be more precise) but to say that the online part is totally crap is far from the truth. Try it, u might like it. :)
fregen
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Philla » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:21 am

danielrh wrote:
just having a laugh with ya mate - with PES there's no need for filters - the game is very good this year.

You know vgchartz.com and heard about the dropdown in sales, i assume...?
Philla
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby danielrh » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

fregen wrote:Online divisions when set to manual passing is really nice actually. People tend to choose lesser teams and play more varied football, crossing is really hard and not like PA1 at all.

Sure, some people still have auto- shooting and basic through balls but generally not (passing when set to manual can't be changed, u always get paired with other manual opponents).

There are quite a lot of players playing this way but of course, there are times when u get to wait 10 min to get paired with someone. Evenings and weekends are not a problem though, easy to find matches.

This game still has some big problems (button lag is sometimes horrible and a bigger problem when playing manual due to the fact that you need to be more precise) but to say that the online part is totally crap is far from the truth. Try it, u might like it. :)

+1

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Pwalie86 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:46 pm

andy_1984 wrote:
danielrh wrote:

Animations
Shooting
More in depth tactics
Goalkeepers
Player collision system
Stamina system

etc etc

All of that needs carefully taken of, my relegation-threatened brother!

May our dispair be in the hands of our managers than the people of Konami.
The DJ to the music like the turkey to the gravy, techno techno techno, Bisto Bisto Bisto!
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Pwaliebwoy86
PSN: IM-FO-REALZ

Postby andy_1984 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:23 am

Pwalie86 wrote:
andy_1984 wrote:
danielrh wrote:

Animations
Shooting
More in depth tactics
Goalkeepers
Player collision system
Stamina system

etc etc

All of that needs carefully taken of, my relegation-threatened brother!

May our dispair be in the hands of our managers than the people of Konami.

Relegation accepted here my friend :D
andy_1984
Mascot
Mascot

Postby danielrh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 am

been chilling during the holidays, been playing alot of divisions and MyClub
taking advantage of the login bonuses during Easter

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:22 am

Bumped this back here as its taken over a week just to get my account verified by a mod......

Just to add my opinion...

I've been a regular on these boards for many years (new user name as account was disabled due to inactivity) and have played PES from the very beginning, IMO PES was a very good game, one of the better PES titles we've had in recent years, but, still does so much wrong that at times its quite embarassing.

Firstly, I hardly ever see this mentioned here on the forums, not sure why, maybe its because the forums consist of 95% online players, who just like frenetic, mindless kick and rush high tempo, non-stop 'football', thus dont see it as an issue, but..... fouls, or the complete lack of them.

PES 17 DOES NOT DO FOULS !!!!! fact.
I played 10 seasons of master league in PES 17 and had 1 penalty, in over 450 matches, one penalty, one single penalty.
Despite being hacked, assaulted, slid, pushed, everything in the box, its never ever given
Same applies to fouls all over the pitch, the collision detection and/or referee logic is so piss poor that the most blatant fouls never get called.

Every single match without fail, the game finishes with around 1 or 2 fouls per side, if that, mostly 0.
Derby matches between rivals finish with 0 fouls per side, completely ridiculous.

The game is also way way way too easy. on Superstar level I was able to do back to back quadruples, beating teams like Juventus 10-0 in the champions league where they had 1 shot on goal the whole match.

Its just so unrealistic, and to omit core basic rules of the sport, like fouls, is a disgrace, in what i can only assume is an attempt to cater towards the moronic online style of play, just keep the game flowing no matter what.

PES 17 is fantastic in places, but absurd in others, slog through a whole season and win the premier league, and ....... not even a trophy in sight, you get nothing, just an empty space where it should have been.
A player scores 5 goals in an 8-0 win and sets up the other 3 and only gets an 8 match rating, commentators calling things that aren't even happening, completely out of context or just spewing out the same old repetitive lines game after game. An 'Active' AI that is about as active as Stephen Hawkin at a trampoline park ....

If PES 18 is to have any legs then Konami need to stop being a lazy, half-assed type company and get back to pushing innovation like they used to.
Forced_Reps
Forced_Reps

Postby gee_simpson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Just ordered myself a 4K tv to go with my PS4 Pro, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this game looks on it 8-)
19.05.12 1-5 FTH
gee_simpson
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: jambo1234 & GeeHMFC1874
Twitter: @Gee_Simpson

Postby danielrh » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 pm

gee_simpson wrote:Just ordered myself a 4K tv to go with my PS4 Pro, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this game looks on it 8-)

looking forward to hearing you rave !! :D - mate look at the grass, your in for a treat and if you have a option file on as well ....... awesome.

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby gee_simpson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:43 pm

danielrh wrote:
gee_simpson wrote:Just ordered myself a 4K tv to go with my PS4 Pro, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this game looks on it 8-)

looking forward to hearing you rave !! :D - mate look at the grass, your in for a treat and if you have a option file on as well ....... awesome.

Am I right in saying PES 2017 is running in native 4K? :o Looking forward to seeing this difference, I should have the TV some time next week.
19.05.12 1-5 FTH
gee_simpson
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: jambo1234 & GeeHMFC1874
Twitter: @Gee_Simpson

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 am

^^ i didnt see much difference.
The colours are a little more vibrant, and theres more sharpness to the textures and overall picture but dont excpect to be blown away, cause you wont be.

Theres videos on youtube showing PES in 4k vs standard HD - the difference is underwhelming.
Forced_Reps

Postby danielrh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am

gee_simpson wrote:
danielrh wrote:

Am I right in saying PES 2017 is running in native 4K? :o Looking forward to seeing this difference, I should have the TV some time next week.

the update upscaled to 4K and don't forget to activate the PS4 Pro boost mode (click in the box), the game looks awesome now ..... let this wet your appetite for PES2018

danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Postby PortsmouthCity » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Promising words coming from adam.

My main must is for the pitches to get sorted out. They are so washed out and bland it actually takes alot away from my experience. Anfield is the only pitch i can live with
Pes 2015, finally
PortsmouthCity
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby G2Bam » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:Bumped this back here as its taken over a week just to get my account verified by a mod......

Just to add my opinion...

I've been a regular on these boards for many years (new user name as account was disabled due to inactivity) and have played PES from the very beginning, IMO PES was a very good game, one of the better PES titles we've had in recent years, but, still does so much wrong that at times its quite embarassing.

Firstly, I hardly ever see this mentioned here on the forums, not sure why, maybe its because the forums consist of 95% online players, who just like frenetic, mindless kick and rush high tempo, non-stop 'football', thus dont see it as an issue, but..... fouls, or the complete lack of them.

PES 17 DOES NOT DO FOULS !!!!! fact.
I played 10 seasons of master league in PES 17 and had 1 penalty, in over 450 matches, one penalty, one single penalty.
Despite being hacked, assaulted, slid, pushed, everything in the box, its never ever given
Same applies to fouls all over the pitch, the collision detection and/or referee logic is so piss poor that the most blatant fouls never get called.

Every single match without fail, the game finishes with around 1 or 2 fouls per side, if that, mostly 0.
Derby matches between rivals finish with 0 fouls per side, completely ridiculous.

The game is also way way way too easy. on Superstar level I was able to do back to back quadruples, beating teams like Juventus 10-0 in the champions league where they had 1 shot on goal the whole match.

Its just so unrealistic, and to omit core basic rules of the sport, like fouls, is a disgrace, in what i can only assume is an attempt to cater towards the moronic online style of play, just keep the game flowing no matter what.

PES 17 is fantastic in places, but absurd in others, slog through a whole season and win the premier league, and ....... not even a trophy in sight, you get nothing, just an empty space where it should have been.
A player scores 5 goals in an 8-0 win and sets up the other 3 and only gets an 8 match rating, commentators calling things that aren't even happening, completely out of context or just spewing out the same old repetitive lines game after game. An 'Active' AI that is about as active as Stephen Hawkin at a trampoline park ....

If PES 18 is to have any legs then Konami need to stop being a lazy, half-assed type company and get back to pushing innovation like they used to.
Forced_Reps

I thought I was imagining this myself, played several seasons in various leagues using league mode and I have only seen 3 penalties across all of them.

Ironically the game is completely littered with stoppages an annoying play break ups in the centre circle, with 4 replays of them from various angles.

Completely ruins the game and makes you just want to end the game and go and do something else instead. The further up the levels you go, the worse it gets.

I don't recall ever seeing an AI player getting sent off, they rarely get booked never mind sent off. I started to watch all of this when I realised what the game was doing, I played 6 games against the AI and neither team got a corner kick, who ever heard of 1 football match that never had a corner, never mind 6 in a row with none?!

I am a Celtic fan, and ironically there are Celtic supporters in every match, shouting for their team, even in a league from another country and international matches!

Oh the irony too, for Celtic aren't even in the game!!

This game is a shockingly poor, cut down version of what it used to be 15 years ago on PS2 and these buggers are still marketing it as an A1 game and pricing accordingly.

I think we need a list of things that the game needs to have this time round without question to make it the game it needs to be by 2018.
G2Bam

Postby chilleverest » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:18 pm

''This year's going to be different'' - Adam Bhatti.

''We'll see'' - WENB forum members.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion