PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 12)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 12)

Postby Philla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 am

bigol83 wrote:This is from this interview

http://www.gamesradar.com/we-want-to-sh ... -pes-2019/

Yes, a lot! We want to create a game that always puts the fans first, while at the same time giving non-PES players a way into the series.

This is absolutely wrong in my opinion.They should try to follow a vision, not cater to non Pes fans. This means to me they are simplifying the game to be more accessible.

Be prepared for even more dumbed down Pes gameplay, if possible.

Adam is the worst guy for the game development and they promoted him. That is shocking alright. :lol:

Regarding there is a generation coming up finding its joy in simple button pressing, online gaming and quick success without learning curve, it would be an economic suicide not to dumb the vanilla game down. You can just hope for personalizing options, like sliders, editors, assistance etc. FIFA shows very well how you can transform a pure arcade game into a more simulation-like experience.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby bigol83 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 am

I think it's an economical suicide trying to cater to the same audience than Fifa considering people will always buy the more complete package.

Their only way to be successfull is to differentiate themselves as the purist choice, targeting the hardcore players audience. There are lot of people tired of Fifa that try to play Pes but only find it to be a dumbed down and more frustrating Fifa.

Introducing sliders won't be enough because Fifa already has them, people won't even care. Why can't they be innovative for once? People will then recognize them as trying to innovate and hopefully Pes will go back to being successfull while being faithful to its hardcore fans.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby Philla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:53 am

bigol83 wrote:I think it's an economical suicide trying to cater to the same audience than Fifa considering people will always buy the more complete package.

Their only way to be successfull is to differentiate themselves as the purist choice, targeting the hardcore players audience. There are lot of people tired of Fifa that try to play Pes but only find it to be a dumbed down and more frustrating Fifa.

Introducing sliders won't be enough because Fifa already has them, people won't even care. Why can't they be innovative for once? People will then recognize them as trying to innovate and hopefully Pes will go back to being successfull while being faithful to its hardcore fans.

Personally i would really favour the hardcore route, but according to the my club revenues (a game mode that is most likely not played by simulation enthusiasts) i hardly doubt it will happen.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby hulkamania78 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Heres episode 18 of the podcast with B-Man talking all things Pes from the E3 build, beta, demo and retail.
Why there is no more Footy United Podcasts and more. Its a good one.

Cant thank him B-man enough.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/epi ... 03684&mt=2

https://soundcloud.com/thecontextualpodcast/episode-18
hulkamania78
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Hulkamania78
PSN: Hulkamania78
Twitter: @thecontextual

Postby vital » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 pm

hulkamania78 wrote:Heres episode 18 of the podcast with B-Man talking all things Pes from the E3 build, beta, demo and retail.

Hit the nail on the head here. The early versions of the game being better is purely down to them being incomplete. I made several posts this year touching on that idea:

I don't think it was ever intended for passing to have more freedom/error although the beta gave that impression. This was mostly a result of bugs that were present in the beta, the fixing of these bugs such as pass selection is what is making passing seem more on rails/assisted. Although I think they also increased pass speed and as a result there is less bobble and it's easier to ping pong. That also reduces first touch variation. These factors combined make it inevitable that there will be less fouls, since there are less 50/50 situations where fouls can be drawn.

Part of it is them fixing what they deem to be bugs that were actually having a net positive effect on the game, and part of it is that their view of how the game should be just doesn't match ours.

I think there is also just a level of ineptitude there in the development team that can't be overcome without major changes in personnel, you could have the best feedback in the world but if you don't have the talent to implement it then you aren't really going to get anywhere in a hurry.

I do not have much hope that Adam can turn this ship around, unless he's being given sweeping new powers or a higher level of authority and finds some effective way to bridge the communication gap, not to mention the need to hire new developers which they might not even have the budget for, so he could be wasting his time completely by going over there, it may be a moment of realisation for him when he actually gets to see how they operate.

There's also my concern that while Adam has a good feel for what PES fans want, he does have some blind spots when it comes to games development that will always hold PES back (such as the camera view issues that could easily be resolved with options/more customisation).

And after all is said and done, vital was right all along. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My prediction for tomorrow is glowing reviews across the board, usual suspects will think it's the best thing since sliced bread with a few minor bugs "that Konami have assured us they are working on". Within a week of release the game will be nothing but negativity when people realise all the same flaws are present, it's nothing like the beta and all community feedback was ignored. Fast forward one year the people who gave it glowing reviews will be back here pretending they had always agreed with the critics.
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Philla » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:27 am

It is highly interesting were the "usual suspects" are now, after the marketing period has ended and it would be time for bugfixing and finetuning.

PES2014 patch history went up to v1.16 if i remember correctly, and PES2018 is far from being a complete and stable experience.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby hulkamania78 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Vital thanks for listening mate and yeah your right
hulkamania78
First Team
First Team

Postby DESKPRO » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 pm

bigol83 wrote:This is from this interview

http://www.gamesradar.com/we-want-to-sh ... -pes-2019/

Yes, a lot! We want to create a game that always puts the fans first, while at the same time giving non-PES players a way into the series.

This is absolutely wrong in my opinion.They should try to follow a vision, not cater to non Pes fans. This means to me they are simplifying the game to be more accessible.

Be prepared for even more dumbed down Pes gameplay, if possible.

Adam is the worst guy for the game development and they promoted him. That is shocking alright. :lol:

Also says

"There's been some realisation on some of the things we could do better also, based on fan feedback. The updates didn't come fast enough for many, and [fans felt we didn’t] really commit heavily into Master League. We do not want fans to think we have forgotten about those single-player experiences, and are aware there needs to be a significant change in how we approach them. While myClub remains the most played mode, and one that also gets a lot of feedback, our aim to make sure we support all our modes with same time and dedication."

To be fair to Adam he promised they would deliver on the PC version this year and from what I have read they seem to have. Dont play ML but hope that they deliver next year for the ML players on here, who seem to outnumber the Myclub players on this forum at least.
DESKPRO
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby bigol83 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 pm

Feel free to take his words as positive, but we heard many many times that off the pitch was going to be hugely improved and look at the point we are now.

Besides, a great off the pitch game with Pes 2018 level gameplay is useless.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby Richard221177 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:28 pm

hulkamania78 wrote:Heres episode 18 of the podcast with B-Man talking all things Pes from the E3 build, beta, demo and retail.

Enjoyed this immensely hulkamania. I go for runs regularly and this podcast had me nodding my head constantly much to the bemusement of other people passing me.
Richard221177
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby hulkamania78 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Richard221177 wrote:

Enjoyed this immensely hulkamania. I go for runs regularly and this podcast had me nodding my head constantly much to the bemusement of other people passing me.

Thanks richard for listening I’m getting better as each episode is done hope you like the upcoming ones. We don’t always chats Pes as at the moment there isn’t much good news we haven’t said previously but the main crux of doing the podcast was Pes. Just hope Konami do the business with a adam being over there.
hulkamania78
First Team
First Team

Postby Ameobinho » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm

So no more monster patches I presume :lol:
Ameobinho
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:49 am

I had a bit of a twitter to and throw with Adam yesterday, as someone posted criticising the game, and Adams response was that there’s overwhelming feedback from people who enjoy playing the game so he’s not interested in making wholesale changes to a product that people enjoy.
I pointed out that translated as meaning PES is now made for online only and offline ML gamers are an afterthought, he then accused me of being condescending and disrespectful, to which i replied back saying as a paying customer im entitled to my opinion and have supported the series since day one and give up my free time and money to provide FREE content to PES players etc, and he should respect my views….. it went back and forth and ended up in a fairly respectful convo where he states that he didn’t leave his family to move to Tokyo to carry on as is, and that his focus was offline and ML and vastly improving it, but it will take time ….

So heres to another 2, 3 or 4 year period where PES is once again ‘in transition’ and they will apparently work on offline as a focus, so maybe by PES 2021 there might be a ML as feature rich and playable as we had in PES 2010 – they seriously need to remove the ‘Evolution’ part from the title.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby makepesgreatagain » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:53 am

lenart needs to be bombarded regarding scripting in online games
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Superb listen Hulk, really valid well made points.
Would love a chat on one of your future podcasts

hulkamania78 wrote:
Richard221177 wrote:

Thanks richard for listening I’m getting better as each episode is done hope you like the upcoming ones. We don’t always chats Pes as at the moment there isn’t much good news we haven’t said previously but the main crux of doing the podcast was Pes. Just hope Konami do the business with a adam being over there.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby twobobpeeters » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:50 pm

just got through the great podcast. all very well said from both you guys but listening to it I can see why B-Man and footy united really couldn't be bothered to do one last podcast, going over the same stuff and explaining the reasons we all know are true is just completely disheartening
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm

Postby hulkamania78 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 pm

twobobpeeters wrote:just got through the great podcast. all very well said from both you guys but listening to it I can see why B-Man and footy united really couldn't be bothered to do one last podcast, going over the same stuff and explaining the reasons we all know are true is just completely disheartening

Thanks for listening and yeah B-Man just has Pes fatigue. I am now broadening the games we talk about because Pes2018 does nothing for me currently .
hulkamania78
First Team
First Team

Postby makepesgreatagain » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:33 am

played 2 online games last night for first time in 3 months. terrible. took the disc out right away

pressure so OP, soon as you get ball within a split second a magnetised opponent has just barged into you and took it

and of course scripting. 89th minute. 1-1, i have the ball in my own half in corner, 1 striker and keeper, no one else near, i go to control it and pass to keeper to retain ball, all of a sudden KDB has no talent,without sprint on the touch goes a mile infront of him then the pass animation is delayed even though power bar has surged, opponent nips in and scores. full time whistle

every.fookin.time.
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:55 pm

There's no excuse for the game taking away control, or nerfing players stats or making them unable to do anything, but surely the fact that there is over powered pressure all game is down to the people that you are playing against online?
They adopt relentless pressure tactics, they choose to play that way.

Offline is the same, all COM teams pressure aggressively for 90 mins non stop. game play is abysmal as is the AI
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby makepesgreatagain » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:19 pm

i find online pressure very different persoanlly. its almost like its a foregone conclusion

but pressure as a whole is OP on pes 18
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion